You will find the current version of Csound in http://sourceforge.net/projects/csound/files/csound6/. In the folder with the most recent version number you will find different files:
- For Apple Macintosh, disk image files (.dmg). Choose the version which fits to your OSX version. If there is none, choose the closest one, or ask the mailing list for recommendations. You can also get Csound using Homebrew. See instructions here.
- For Windows, choose the file ending in .exe.
- For Linux, use the sources as .zip or .tar.gz . You can also get Csound from the repository of your distribution, but probably you will not find there the most recent version. If you have some experience in building from source, you should consider this (see below for instructions).
- For Android, use the .apk file for a Csound executable. The csound-android.zip contains the sources - you only need it when you develop own Android Csound applications.
- For iOS development, use csound-iOS.zip.
- For using Csound inside Max, you will find the csound~ external as .zip or .pkg.
- The Csound Manual comes in different formats in the "manual" folder. Choose the one you need. You should also find an up-to-date version online.
Some more detailed download instructions can be found in the Csound FLOSS Manual.
Building from source
Building Csound from source or from the git develop branch is not very difficult on Linux, and can also be done on Mac and Windows. How-to descriptions can be found in the BUILD.md file included with the Csound sources, also available online here.